Very busy weekend in the Lesnar household and we were short two kids. Austin and Grace were at Grandpa and Grandma farms for the weekend. The older two boys had a baseball tournament on Saturday and Sunday. Sean worked Friday night at a big job and it went very well!! So while he worked I went to the Berreths for supper to catch up with some great friends. I haven't been the best at keeping in touch the last couple of months. I was handed a lot on my plate at the beginning of the year. I got to a point to be honest where I really hit a wall. I have isolated myself from a lot of friends and family who really do truly care about me. I am so sorry for that and I am working on getting the old chipper Kathy back. Sean and I talked Thursday night briefly about whats going on and then really got into a deep conversation on Saturday night. Something that has needed to be done for months. I felt much better and know that I can stand on my two feet and work through all of this. So thanks to my great friends who let me vent these last few days. To my kids I am sorry I haven't been the best Mom and I know I can do better and I will. I really enjoyed my time with you this past weekend laughing and hugging you. Something that I know you have been missing from me. I need to focus on what's most important and that's my family and friends. Like Nikki told me on Friday "I haven't gone anywhere" but I knew I had and I am so glad she didn't. This fire really through me for a whirlwind and I thought I was handling it so well and other people would comment to me that I was. I think the reality of it all just hit me and I realized that I had put a wall up and wasn't truly dealing with the stress and grief of it all. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of that day and that phone call. Or I will hear the sirens of a firetruck and I have flashbacks from that afternoon standing on the highway in negative degree weather wondering why us. But guess what the reality of it is yes it was tragic and yes I lost a lot of things that meant a lot to me but I need to be happy that my family is safe my dog is safe and the rest are really just things. We had amazing friends there on the scene almost immediately to hug us and comfort us. We had friends there to help us go through what was left. I am thankful for them that is a true friend. Those true friends know who they are and have stuck by me these last few months when I haven't been that great of a friend to them. THANK YOU!!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aw (((HUGS)))
I miss Brookings, but I can't think of many more occasions where I wished we still lived there than seeing the aftermath of the fire. I wish I could have been there for you.
I also know that you are one TOUGH cookie, and you are an inspiration and support for your kids, family and everyone who knows you.
Glad you are feeling more positive. I think of you often!
((HUGS))
Post a Comment