The house is really coming along fast I think considering we started just around 6 weeks ago. The rough plumbing is done along with the electrical. Today they will come in and spray in the open cell insulation. The next step is sheetrocking, taping and mudding!! Now the fun begins for Sean and I (okay probably not much fun for him ha ha) with picking out flooring, paint colors, furniture and even appliances. I still need to pick out all my faucets I thought the plumber was going to strangle me lastnight when he asked if I had them picked out. Whoops I forgot all about the faucets. Hard to imagine having to furnish an entire house down to bedding, art for the walls you name it we need it. But really how exciting if you think about it. You usally get one chance at that and that is when you move out to college and you get stuff from your parents basement or I guess when you get married and you and your new spouse combine all your unmatched things LOL!! So what a great new beginning for Sean and I and of course our family. So here I need your help and give me ideas for my kids rooms. Logan and Hunter are sharing a room and I am looking at getting them loft beds with desks underneath so if you know of a cool one definately let me know. Austins rooms is all bought minus the bed and dresser. He will have a cowboy theme and I am going to get him a log bed. Miss Grace I want something fun that she can have for a few years and absolutely no character stuff. Sorry just find it cheesy! For our room I am looking for something maybe a bit more girly. I did the camo room for him in the old house I think it is my turn :) So rack your brains and throw me some ideas PLEASE!!
Take a second and listen to the song that I have playing...it's so me! I sometimes have a hard time explaining myself but when I hear a song, I'm like oh yea that sounds like me haha...Sometimes it's just the way life goes, you think you have it all figured out when suddenly every plan and every assumption goes out the window. I think it's important to keep track of the fact that it isn't ours to have under control in the first place. My place is not to control or plan out my life, but to trust in God...and live for him...And as I live, I am going to be clumsy, make mistakes. It's ok, it's a good thing because it means I'm really living and getting in the middle of stuff, getting a little dirty(if you know what I mean.) What good is it sitting all proper every day and never dreaming or living out your dreams? God made us and he is the one who CREATED us the way we are...very unique..and I believe that it's our job to live that out and let HIM grow the characteristics He's created in us...
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Posted by Kath- at 7:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
wow.....alot going on your way. hang in there. Love the new look BTW. Have you tried IKEA? They have some fun stuff for designing and such, not always the quality, but fun nonetheless...LOL. Enjoy the process, pretend it's your very own extreme makeover and the reveal is soon to come! How exciting.
Post a Comment