Sean & Kathy,
Just a word of encouragement for your Monday morning. Our family has been talking a lot about your experiences this past week. Like everyone else the question of why always comes up when we discuss it with our kids. I told them the same thing that every parent has probably told their kids when they ask the same question…I don’t know! But, when I began to think about it, I realized that the “why” doesn’t really matter. It is the matter of “what” will we do with this situation…”who” will we turn to and “who” will help us…”when” will we realize what matters…and “where” do we go from here.
The obvious answer to all of these questions is to put our faith and trust in God. There are times when situations that we face aren’t just meant for us…they are a way for God to see how his people will respond…opportunities for us to be the people God calls us to be every day. We have definitely seen the best of what Brookings has to offer this past week from the Firefighters, to strangers, to friends, to shoulders to lean and cry on, to help of all kinds. Unfortunately I am sure that in all of this there may be some you hoped would be there that weren’t. It is all there for us to learn from, to reevaluate our true purpose in life, to reevaluate what is really important in our lives.
Please remember that God will never burden you with more than you can handle. Find your strength in Him…He won’t let you down. There are those that go through life never “getting it”. They ignore the Lord’s opportunities for growth and purpose. Use this tough time to rally around one another and look for your opportunities to be even better than you were before.
I was TOTALLY unprepared for what I saw on Saturday at your home. Never could I imagine the wreckage that was there. The vision, the smell, the “hollow” sounds will be something I will never forget. I was exhausted when I got home. I know this experience although far more minimal than yours has changed me and my family.
Embrace the generosity, praise God for your safety, Look forward to your very bright future, Rely on your friends, and Trust in God!
Steve
Monday, February 9, 2009
Letter from a great friend and felt the need to share it with all of you
Posted by Kath- at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment