Friday, October 1, 2010

I can still see the sparkle in your eyes, I can still hear your laugh that could bring a smile to any ones face who entered the room. You were an amazing woman and my best friend. I miss you so much and think about you daily. I drink a diet coke and it makes me think of how much you loved your diet coke. I drive by Coldstone Creamery in SF and I remember how I would sneak you some even though you were not supposed to have it. How about the lemon filled crispy creme donuts I would set in front of your door in the early mornings. I loved coming and visiting with you at your apartment. You loved your baseball and basketball games. I loved the time you came to a Jacks basketball game with us. I am so blessed to have you as a Grandma.
I remember the day I told you I was having a girl. I was bringing you to your MRI appt and you hated them so much. Before going into your appt I told you that I was having a girl and that now you had something else to think of other then your MRI. The smile that came across your face was absolutely priceless. Then the day came that our beautiful girl entered the world. We named her after you cause you are an amazing woman and someday I pray Grace Lillian is just as amazing as you Lillian Grace De Leeuw (aka Grandma). When Grace was 10 days old
you got to hold her for the very first time and who would of known it was also your last time. We have told stories to Grace and she says every now and then how she misses you. Makes me smile cause even though she never got to really know you she has you in her heart and loves you so much.

2 comments:

Mary D said...

Thank you Kathy for such a loving tribute to Mom, I miss her every day. If Gracic can grow up to be half the woman Mom was then watch out world as she is going to blaze trails.

Kath- said...

Isn't that the truth Mom!! She was a pretty amazing woman and I am so happy she passed that down to you!! Love you