April 2nd marks 2 months since our house fire. To be honest it has gone by way faster then I could of ever imagined. It has been a bumpy road that's for sure. Lots of emotions running strong through out the family. The kids have handled it quite well and I am really impressed by that. Every once in awhile the boys will mention something such as "oh Mom remember blank that I used to have before the fire" It saddens me to even try and imagine how their little minds try to process all of it. They are very tough kids and I am very proud of them. I personally have my days and moments but those seem to be getting fewer and farther between. Today I had a moment I ran to get a soda at Bozieds and just as I was pulling in I hear the loud horn and the sirens of a firetruck. It stopped me dead in my tracks and I had flashbacks of standing there on the highway as the trucks are going by us to go down our driveway. I am sure I will have more of those moments but hopefully with time it will all get better!! I know I am a pretty strong person deep down and can handle a lot. Like my sister was telling me today I have been that person all along to keep the family going. The kids need that rock in their lives to know hey you know what Mom is okay so we will be too.
On a much better note we have hired a contractor to build our new house!!! The footings got poured a couple of weeks ago. Was hoping to have the block work started but do to the high water tables along the river our footings were a foot under water last week. I will keep updating you on the house situation and once there is pics to be taken I will post.
Have an awesome day!!!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Posted by Kath- at 10:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
that sounds very exciting...a new beginning. I'm sure this new home will be wonderful and filled with many more precious memories. Missed you the other day...you come and go so sneakily....LOL. Not sure if that's a word, but oh well. Take care always. Oh, I am working on a new address for my blog, will let you know when I choose one I like...hee hee
Wow, two months already. Still seems so unreal. It will be exciting to watch your new house go up; I can't wait to see those pictures!
Post a Comment