Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love to fly on airplanes. I love being so high above looking down at the tiny houses, cars, fields, and trees. I know that I came from "down there" just a few minutes ago, but when I look at it from so far away, everything changes. As a Mom, I need to remember to step back and get that "airplane perspective" on raising my kids. When I am in the midst of my kids' petty arguments or when i'm feeling that I will never clean the house faster than my kids mess it up, those situations seem to swallow me up. Those are the times I need to take a step back, get some perspective, and rise above it. So many aspects of a mother life seems so urgent that i can sometimes be difficult to focus on the the important. When I am in the midst of it all is seems to engulf me. I need to try and pull myself away from the immediate sittuation and ask myself "will I really remember this situation in 5 years?" So from now on when I am in the midst of a struggle, I am going to take an imaginary flight (window seat of course) and fly high enough to get up abouve the clouds into the sunshine!!!! So you know all that laying out on the beach I really did accomplish something a way to try and make myself relax and not get so uptight :)

0 comments: