Sunday, July 20, 2008

Question

Okay seriously please post a comment and help me answer this question I have asked myself for years.

How come when the man is sick (even the slightest illness) he can lay on the couch all day and expect to get catered to, ignore the kids and even his wife except for when he needs a drink or something to eat. But when the woman is sick (even on her death bed, not litterly but you get what I am saying) she is expected to go on like it is a normal day. UGH!!! Why are we expected to function and they are not???????????

6 comments:

Sara said...

oh so funny......the answer is: We ARE WOMEN and we are suppose to be SuperHero's to our families...that's just the Gift God gave us....how does this sound? Hang in there and hope your husband feels better soon.

Kath- said...

your right Sara we are supposed to be Super Heros!!! I decided that the house work will be here after Grace and I spend some quality time taking a nap this afternoon :)

Maybe it's just that I am totally jealous that they can lay there and not feel guilty about doing so.

Anonymous said...

Sick mom laying in bed hears this:

Husband: "You kids be quiet so I can read the paper. Don't bug Mom; she's sick." Two point six minutes later, sick mom hears banging and clanging of pots, pans, cupboards and fridge doors. Then a crash and splattering noise, followed by howling.
Child 1: "He pushed me! He made me spill my juice and I dropped the eggs."
Child 2: "I didn't do anything! You're a stupid klutz!"
Child 3: "PEEE-YEEWW! The baby REEKS! Ugh, look, she took off her diaper and stepped in it. Gross! Poop prints on the floor!"
Child 4: "WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!..."

Mom decides she's really not that sick after all.

Sick dad laying in bed hears:
NOTHING because Mom shuts the bedroom door and keeps the kids quiet so he can rest.

Mom in bed=bedlam
Dad in bed=normal day

John C. Morrison said...

The answer is just the opposite. Why is it when a woman gets a paper cut she cries and can't do anything but when a man looses an arm or leg he is back to work the next day.

Firefighter/EMT said...

Because we have an "S" on our chest that everyone sees...very frustrating!

Anonymous said...

John's comment is so NOT TRUE! If I get a papercut, I get a band-aid (maybe-actually probably let it bleed for the 2 secs it's going to and move on), when my husband gets a papercut, it's like he lost a finger, then 2 days later it will reportedly be infected, and the next day he is at the clinic (possibly requesting a tetnus).