Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Prayers have been answered

I just wanted to give a quick update on Staysha. The last 12 hours have been remarkable! They took the breathing tube out yesterday at 4:30 and by 5:15 she was back in her room starting to come to. They were not expecting her to start doing all the stuff that she has been doing already. We all know how strong and stubborn she is though and all the prayers have helped...I am sure of it!!! They took the NG tube out of her nose (that pumped her stomach acids out), her cath is out and also her art line is out. She wants to eat, but cannot until they take her for a CT scan (scheduled for 2:30 today). They want to see with the CT scan that her lung is healing properly and everything else looks good. She is sad right now, but that is b/c she is tired of being here and I am sure this has been overwhelming for her. She doesn't understand why she missed out on so many days. I am sure with time she will understand a little better. I think we are looking at another 4 to7 days here, but every day will tell us for sure. Thanks to you all for all the thoughts and prayers...this just proves the power of prayer!!! I will keep you posted.

1 comments:

Firefighter/EMT said...

THE POWER OF PRAYER!!!

Sue