Yesterday I made the dreaded trip to the dentist. Those who know me well know I Hate the dentist. Knowing that I had a tooth ache that didn't seem to want to go away on its own. I then knew that the time had come to call and make the appt. When yesterday came I had a headache all day and then I get there and smell it I was then nauseated. Anyone else get that way with the smell of a dentist office. They then call my name I had one last chance to run hmmm what should a person do....keep eating Tylenol like it's candy or go back to the dreaded chair UGH. I lay in the chair and she asks, "would you like laughing gas" DUH of course I do!!! So I get it and think oh yeah this is one benefit of coming here. Then I get to thinking why do they call it laughing gas cause it sure wasn't making me laugh. I had tears rolling down my cheeks and they hadn't even touched me yet. I could see in the ladies wheels turning that this was going to be a long visit if I am crying already. All I wanted was my hubby there holding my hand. Shut Up I know I am a total wimp when it comes to the dentist. Here comes the dreaded man with his mask and his glasses. I open up nicely thinking he will be nice if I cooperate....or not!!! OUCH dude stay away from that tooth it hurts!!! So here comes shot 1...2...3...4 okay seriously get that huge needle out of my mouth. He starts drilling away I jump yes I can still feel it so shot 5...6. He then gets it all cleaned out and says hmmm root canal. WHAT I don't want that come on please can't you work some sort of magic please?? Nope so he starts diggin some more I jump again yep here comes that huge needle again this time with something a bit more potent shot 7 Finally relief feel nothing. When all said and done I was in that chair for just over 3 hours on one tooth. I get home and the numbness is wearing off. I am in tears again this pain is horrible and my jaw is killing me from being open so dang long. I take some pain meds and my antibiotics and off to bed I go. I wake up this morning to feeling pretty sore but nothing like last night. I soon find out that I can barely eat cause I can't open my mouth. Oh man I feel sorry for my family cause when Kathy gets hungry and not fed beware!! To sum up this long post I am not sure if I learned my lesson to go to the dentist twice a year or stay the heck away cause they are mean to me....
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did you bite him??????
Probably more then a few times :) Must be why he put that wedge in my mouth cause he was sick of getting bit.
This is JUST how I feel when I think about the dentist. My blood pressure went up just reading your post! I have a real phobia. I know I need to go, but the anaesthetics never seem to work and I feel the WHOLE thing, gas or no gas. I think the only way is to put me under, do all the work, then wake me when its over!
Glad you are on the mend though. No fun :(
Post a Comment