Thursday, February 18, 2010

So lets just say we have had a busy week to say the least. Sean and 5 of his friends left Monday morning in my suburban to Texas to hog hunt. So I flew solo all week with the kiddos. Our days start with getting them to school, practice, eat, sleep and do it all over again. We did very well and the kids were great all week. So proud of them I was so happy to say we got through the week without a glitch Wrong. I have been driving Seans truck this week cause he took the suburban. I noticed that it was driving strange but talked to Sean and he said it sounded like it was snow packed. He told me to put it in the garage and place a blower pointing up overnight and it should thaw it right out. Simple solution I can do that, but it still continued and thought it was odd so I went to pro lube here in town who changes our oil etc. Figured could trust them knowing that I went to school with the owner. He looked under it and said it was pretty snow packed and it needed to thaw out. Cool just like my hubby said so did it again the next night thinking well this should really do it. Today I noticed it didn't seem any better if not a bit worse called Buzz and he said it sounded like it had ice jammed up in there. Hmmm okay so continued on with my day with my normal routine. Had a hockey potluck tonight so Pam watched Grace cause she really didn't want to go (that is a whole nother post). Dropped her off and went to the potluck after headed over to Pams to get Grace and the truck started smelling. My description is when you burn your belt out in your vacuum. Then lights came on one was the abs light and then it was flashing that something (can't remember to flustered) needed servicing. I call Sean, Buzz and a hockey parent who works at the dealership that services Chevy. Both Buzz and John said don't drive it and if you do drive it to the dealership no farther since it wasn't to far away. That's where the really journey begins.l..So off we go Pam drives behind me just in case anything goes wrong. Oh crap I have no brakes!!! Let me remind you our truck is not old it is a 09 with 30,ooo miles. I pull over tell her my brakes are going out so we thought with it being Brookings at this time of night we should be good to just crutch it along (damn woman LOL) I get around the corner and I really don't have brakes and it is really smelling and oh crap it is making a funky noise okay time to stop. Lovely place to stop in a school zone that has no parking. UGH!! So now we have to call the tow truck yes seriously not kidding. To make a really long story that I have already made long. Seans truck was towed to the dealership and now we will wait to see what is wrong with it. Yes my hubby is on his way back and will be here tomorrow thank God cause this is something he would normally take care of. Okay well never had this happen with any of our vehicles but I know he would take care of it cause he is so awesome that way. So Pam thanks for all the laughs tonight, John thanks for your kindness and coming out and waiting for the tow truck so I could get my kids home. Now it is 11:30 at night and I still need to pack bags for state hockey tomorrow so I better get movin...... sigh

3 comments:

Mary D said...

Kat I MUST admit you live a life with a gardian angel working overtime. ..love you Mom

Val said...

Holy crap!

Stacie J said...

What a day! They aren't much fun to live through, but you've got to admit they make the most interesting stories later... ;)