Below you will find a slideshow I made of the demo of the house today. It had to be one of the hardest things I have done since the fire. To stand there and watch our home something that we have poured our hearts into for three years and all the memories go down into a pile of rubble. Seeing Logan's red wall (noticable in a pic) remembering how Brandi and I spent an etire weekend redoing his room to surprise him while Dad had him out antelope hunting. Or my bathroom that Nikki and I put many hours into. So many little things like that brought so many tears to my eyes. I know new memories will be made in our new house. My kittys you will see in a few pictures one they are just sitting on the old well like nothing was happening then all the sudden they have their front legs on the side of the ice rink and were looking over their shoulders wondering what in the world. The last picture is of Tom my big black cat that I love! I was so nervous cause he ran into that pile of rubble in the midst of it. When it was all said and done he came out of who knows where. That was a smile I for sure needed at that moment. Walking around the house afterwards was very hard to see half burnt football and hockey trading cards of Logans all over the yard. Gracie's bed half there with the jammies I came home in when I was a baby were hanging there and just moving with the breeze. But seeing Graces cabbage patch kids really put me in my place. I thought to myself you know this could of been a tornado and we could be digging through this heap trying to find our belongings or heaven forbid someone. THANK YOU LORD we are all okay and our "things" can be replaced. This is to a New Beginning for the Lesnar family. We can only look forward from here.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You have a wonderful, positive and determined attitude that is bound to set a great example for the kids.
The memories you make as a family while building your NEW home will be the ones you really treasure, because you've been through the refiner's fire and come out stronger for it.
(((HUGS)))
Post a Comment