Friday, February 20, 2009

We have had an interesting week with sick kids. Grace has had a fever off an on all week getting as high as 103.2. I took her in today and she has bronchitis.

As for Hunter I got a call from his teacher that he collapsed/passed out at the teachers desk. I got to the school and he was in the nurses office just shaking. I called the Dr and got him in right away to discover he had strep throat ( I swear he complained not once about a sore throat) so he is on meds for that. They then sent us to the hospital for a cat scan. He has in impacted sinus cavity so he will be on meds for 10 days then we recheck then we will do another 10 days and go from there. I talked to the Dr today and he said he may need to get scoped to really clean it all out of there. I feel so bad cause this little man has had headaches for as long as we can remember. We spent the summer at the chiro and everything. So needless to say we are exhausted.

State hockey started today for Logan they had their first game today at three but we lost it :( Tomorrow will bring a new game so we are praying for a good turn out there.

BISA is putting on pancake feed benefit for our family at the hockey arena Saturday from 7am-10am!!

Austins home tournament starts tomorrow GO RANGERS!!

The younger boys school did a coin drive for our family and they raised $1,078.94 UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow..lots of info. Ben got Strep Throat also..recovered quickly though. Good news about the school fund drive and pancake feed...Praises for that!
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, poor Grace and Hunter! I hope the meds work fast and they feel better soon. That's so scary; I hate it when the kids are feverish, and I can't imagine how freaked out I'd be if they passed out at school!

Congrats to the boys on their hockey games! Do they ever play in Aberdeen? I'd love to come watch.

I'm impressed with the total on the fund drive! Nice. :)