Wow where do you begin to even tell how our afternoon went to be honest it is all becoming a blur to me. I was at work and I got a phone call from a friend who is also a local police officer telling me that my house was on fire and the local fire dept was on their way out. I think after hearing those words I went into shock. I started screaming and crying NO I then called Sean and was yelling in the phone all while I am trying to drive to our home. We get there to be stopped on the highway from the sheriff. Shortly after our friends started showing up to comfort us and be there for us in the hardest time I would have to say of our lives. When the time came for us to go down there we found out a little more to what had happened. The fire started in the West bedroom which would be Hunter and Austins room. They are thinking it was the fish tank but we do not know that for sure. The fireman were so amazing and we are so thankful for all their hard work and dedication to their volunteer job. They saved almost all of our family photos that were on our wall on the main level. The upstairs in pretty much destroyed. Hunter and Austins room is ashes along with their bathroom from what we could see. I did not get to see Graces room so I am not sure about that. Logan's room has extensive damage but there maybe a few things in there we can salvage. Our room has a lot of smoke and heat damage. I will take pictures of the inside tomorrow. As for the main level there is a lot of water damage and smoke. We told the kids tonight and they were all shocked and very sad. Hunters first words was "my monkeys" I felt so horrible I broke down. Well that's about all I can remember right now like I said this day and night is becoming a blur to me.
On one last note I want to say THANK YOU for everyone who has called and brought my kids clothes and food. To all my friends who showed up out at our house this afternoon to comfort us in our time of need. Thanks to the Brookings Fire Department for all that you did for our family. We can't thank you enough for all that you did. Dan I will never forget you walking into my shed looking at us and dropping to your knees out of exhaustion from fighting the fire. Then to tell us you tried your hardest and you were sorry. Your a great guy and I know Sean appreciates your friendship. Josh I know Sean will be forever thankful for you saving his deer mounts. To all the rest cause I know I am missing you. Quams thanks for talking to me. Sullivan did you ever find your helmet?? THANK YOU THANK YOU
JD and Nikki thanks for letting us crash at your house tell we can get things figured out. You are the best of the best. We love you guys with all of our hearts.

11 comments:
I had no idea. Wow. What an emotional day you must have had. Let me know if I can help and we do have an extra room.
Hey I know a guy who is good with cleaning up water and smoke damage....
Oh Kathy....when Val called me I was soooo sad to hear this!! We have a Clothing Fire Fund set up at the store and the radio will help out with ads to ask people to give to this fund so you can all shop and get what you need. I will be asking other businesses to help out as well. Hope this helps a bit. I'm glad you had friends there by your side. How sad. Hang in there.....I will be praying.
I'm so sorry. My heart sank when I heard the news yesterday. You tell me if I can help in ANY way. I'm there for you.
My Dad called me yesterday after hearing it on the scanner. I was shocked. I had just tried calling you while I was waiting for the kids to get out of school; having no idea what was going on. I drove out there right away, but they wouldn't let me through. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.
Kathy, I am so sorry! I had no idea this happened.
I don't know what I can do, but if you need anything, let me know...please....let me know....
Hey Sis,
I can come up this weekend if you would like!
Your little Morgan went into her closet last night and cried but then said she wanted to give her cousin her clothes. She was so excited to share! I do have to tell you she has been worried about her favorite auntie kathy and she has tried your cell a few times just so she could tell you she loves you!
Call me when you have a moment...
LOVE YA
Sue
Just wanted to tell you I think about you constantly. Praying for you and your family and so is my entire church family. You are one of the strongest people I know, and I know you will get through this.
Lesnar gang... I don't know how to tell you how sorry we are to hear about your loss. If there is anything we can do let us know. Kathy what kind of monekey's were in the bedroom? I will look through our girls's clothes to see if any will fit Grace. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Curt and Tammy Norgaard
Hey Kathy, I am so sorry this happened to your family. I will be parying for you!!
Merry Hill
I am just shocked. I can't even think of anything to say. I wish I was there to help DO something. I want to call, but I know you're busy. I'll be thinking about you, and trying to think of something I can do to help. (((HUGS)))
Sean and Kathy,
This is Mark from Tennessee. So sorry about the fire. I am a believer that everything happens for a reason. Its is just hard for us to understand why. Wish I could be there to help you put things back together. I know Sean with his hard work and determination will build it back even better than before. If you need anything, and I mean anything, let me know. Going to try and get Paul up there soon. Would do us all some good. Hope you got my picture of Stephanie. We will be getting married on the first of May then going to Florida for a week. Can't wait to see the both of you and tell the kids I said hello and keep dreaming of whats to come in the furture.
Post a Comment