Monday, July 28, 2008

Bailey

No my camera didn't give her red eyes this is how she really looks :(
Bailey did well at the vet today. Okay well not super but she did good considering what is going on with her. Woody (vet) got her on the table and was trying to touch the lump on her head but Bailey was yelping in pain. He said that first and for most we need to take care of the infection in there. She now has to be an inside dog (doesn't hurt my feelings) and needs a lot of TLC. We have her on Clavamox 375 mg 1 tablet every 12 hours. She also has to have a hot compress on her head twice a day for 10 minutes. This will eventually burst and will relieve the pressure that is in there. That is why she has to be an inside dog due to maggots getting in there if she was outside. We then will take her back in an 10 days to re-evaluate the situation. His biggest concern is the way her bone has grown upwards like that on top of her head. He believes there may be a tumor in there. But again first and for most we need to take care of her infection first. Once that is done we can do some further testing on her. So tonight I sat down on the floor with a hot compress and had Bailey lay her head on my lap. I thought oh man this is going to be challenging but she just laid there with her head on my lap for 10 minutes like a champ. I am guessing it felt pretty dang good :) She has been very good in the house and has not yet got under foot. Poor Gage though is really feeling left out being outside all by himself. I am sure I will cave soon and let him join her inside. Otherwise I have a bad feeling we will have a very destructive dog on our hands out there!!!

2 comments:

Firefighter/EMT said...

Glad she is taking her treatments well Nurse Kathy. So the ? is...where does she sleep?

Sue

Kath- said...

Lastnight I caved and she slept in the laundry room (which is bis as a normal persons living room) due to me feeling bad for Gage being outside by himself. If it was just her in the house she could of slept where ever.