So where shall I begin with are crazy week? Monday was your typical normal day for the most part. I did some yard work and did some inside chores. The kids and I moved all the outside toys like the tramp, Gracie's play house etc... to a new spot in our yard. Sean did some dirt work with the tractor. He is trying to get everything ready for our new shed. By this summer with our fingers crossed our business will be moved here and we can quit paying rent in town. Tuesday I was in bed with a stomach ache. Grace was so good and just laid in bed with me and also napped. Wednesday we woke up to having 5 horses in our front yard that didn't belong to us. Here they were the neighbors and they got out and ventured across the highway. So we put them in with ours tell the owner could come get them. He showed up around 7ish so Sean, the kids and myself all went out to help and watch. Thinking this should be pretty interesting to say the least. Well they caught the first three right off the bat so Sean had me hold the 3 lead ropes so they could get the last two caught. That's where it all began!!! The next thing I know the middle horse is on its back legs getting ready to jump right at me. I dropped the lead ropes and jumped back. It hit a wooden post on its side and fell litterly at my feet. I was SCARED!! I yelled for Logan to grab Grace cause she was probably 20 yards behind me. Now this horse is out in our yard. It ended up jumping back over the fence and was with the other horses. About 20 minutes go buy if not a little more and Sean comes back and tells me the same horse did that to him but he got stepped on three different places. Once in the chest, once in the stomach and then on the wrist. The horse had knocked Sean down and Sean's face hit the gate and he has marks on his forehead, nose and chin. His neck was grazed by the horses hoof and is pretty stiff. As the days go by Sean's stomach is pretty purple. Today he said his ribs really hurt I am still trying to talk him into going to the Dr. MEN!! :) Grace had a terrible night Wednesday. She was up 3/4Th's of the night crying her ear hurt. I took her in to the Dr Thursday morning and she has a blister on her left ear drum. She is now on ear drops and antibiotics. Of course once again it is the ear that there is no tube in. That one fell out last fall. Every time she gets an infection it is in that ear. Dr said again we should really think about putting a tube in that ear again since it is so recurrent. Thursday night I brought the kids to meet Sean's folks in Watertown. They will spend the 4 day weekend up there so we can get somethings done around here. We are so thankful that they love having them any chance they get. Last night Sean got a new tractor this time with a cab. So of course he is really excited about that and can't wait to really do some farm work with it. Sorry honey it is not haying season yet :) I was busy after I came back from Watertown I went to Logan's middle school orientation. Hard to believe my first born is going to middle school this fall. Today I have a good friends baby and she is only 2 months old. It is so exciting having a baby in the house :) She is so stinking cute and precious!!!! Oh my gosh and I almost forgot what happened yesterday morning. My cat Tiger (outside cat) had her babies and she had 6 kittens. Yes Austin I will get a pic on here so you can see them everyday that your at Grandmas. There is 3 white ones, 2 grey tiger striped ones and 1 black one my favorite I will have to say. Has a little white on its face and under the neck then white paws.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Holy smokes, what a week! That neighbor's horse sounds like a menace. I hope he stays home now!
Yay for grandparents and new kitties! Boo for ear infections. I took Averie in today to get more meds for hers, too. I can't wait for the sunshine to get hot enough to kill all those stupid germs.
Have a great weekend!
Sean your really lucky! That horse could have done much worse. Now I don't feel so bad with my finger I sliced up.
Post a Comment