Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dang kidney stones!!

Okay so I think from today forward I can blame kidney stones for any extra 1-2 pound weight gain. Since evidently they are just going to be a part of me. So went in for my yearly checkup no not that kind silly the one with my urologist. I had my catscan done this morning which takes a matter of minutes for a huge price. Went this afternoon to see my urologist to see what the results were and yeah still got them and they had some friends join them in the right kidney. The left kidney looked good but the right one still had some that I have not passed from 6 months ago. There was also some new ones forming in the upper lobe of the kidney. So whats the next step you are wondering. Yeah same question I asked and he just said we will just wait for them to cause problems then we will do something about it. They are not big like the last time when they had to do lithotripsy on me so very thankful for that. I was sure glad to say we were not going for round three of the stint placement cause let me tell you I never want to go through the pain and discomfort of that ever again. I will continue being on my diaretic (HCTZ) everyday for the rest of my life. He said if I was not on that I would more then likely be full of stones. So at least I know that the meds are working. I will also find out the results of my urine test in 7-10 days. He did ask about kidney infections, bladder infections and UTIS recently. I laughed and said, "oh I don't know" he looked at me with this puzzled face then asked what do you mean you don't know if you have had any recently. Then I explained to him and refreshed his memory that I never know unless I do a UA. Then it must of been enough to jog his memory and then he said that's right you are one of the gifted ones who don't feel the pain that causes most people to crawl the walls. I looked at him and said hey no complaints here :) So cheers to more kidney stones!!! HA HA

0 comments: